Sinusitis: CAM Therapies for Specific
- Traditional Chinese medicine is used in the treatment of sinusitis or sinus
infections. It is a reasonable first approach to take in conditions that
are not life threatening, such as sinusitis.
- Sinusitis is one of 104 conditions most
frequently treated effectively with acupuncture.
- Naturopathic medicine is often used in the treatment of sinusitis. It
may be used to decrease symptoms of the condition, to increase immune
resistance, or to prevent sinusitis.
- Chiropractic therapy has been employed to effectively treat
sinusitis, although the evidence is not conclusive.
- Sinusitis was one of ten chronic conditions that
was shown to be effectively treated with Maharishi Ayur-Ved
interventions in a 1989 pilot study
in the Netherlands.
Return to Excerpts List
BEST ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE: WHAT WORKS? WHAT DOES NOT? by Dr. Kenneth R.
Copyright © 2000 by Dr. Kenneth R.
permission of Simon & Schuster, Inc., New York, New York.
Return to Top